Monday, March 27, 2017

Happy Happy / Hip Kit Club

Happy Monday, y'all!  Hope you had a wonderful weekend :)  Today I'm sharing my newest layout for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2017 March Hip Kits, and they are just so pretty.  I decided to use all the items from the Color Kit, which includes two Shimmerz Paste-eez and a fun lattice stencil.  I combined the Raspberry Sherbet and Hold the Mustard over the stencil on white cardstock.  I got some pretty orange tones where they overlapped.  Once that dried I added some blue sprays from my stash to get that pretty periwinkle color. 

I was first inspired to start this layout with the patchwork squares paper from the Paige Evans Oh My Heart collection.  Originally, I planned to have half scalloped circle banners going all across the page, but once I created my background it just seemed too distracting and busy.  So I just used a few of them to create one small banner.  I wanted to create that pretty periwinkle color in the banner andin some of the floral die cuts, so that's what inspired by color scheme.


Once I got my background and the banner finished, I started embellishing.  This cute bird die cut is from the Dear Lizzy Lovely Day collection, and it looked adorable perched on top of the banner.  I added some foam and tangled thread under it.  I combined one of the Pinkfresh Studio Puffy Stickers with the Dear Lizzy metallic Thickers for my title.


I just love these gorgeous flower die cuts!  Especially the rose gold one...look how it shines!  I layered them here as well as some more of the Pinkfresh Puffy Stickers.  Those black flowers are from the Dear Lizzy Washi Tape.  I fussy cut them and I love how they look!  Almost like stamps.


More Dear Lizzy here...this cute wooden flag fit perfectly right here.  I also added in some of the Pinkfresh Studio phrase cardstock stickers and stitched through them.  I love how the background looks...such a fun blend of colors.


Beneath the photo area, I did some machine stitching and my journaling.  I added in more of the washi tape and one of the exclusive Hip Kit flair buttons and enamel dots.


Look how awesome the washi tape looks!  It looks hand doodled or stamped...I love it!  I also tucked in one of the Pinkfresh Leatherette stickers...what a cool product those are!


Here's one more close-up of the background...my favorite!


If you'd like to see how I made this page, you can see it here!  I hope you enjoy and get some fun ideas to try!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have an awesome day!


No comments:

Post a Comment